How to Avoid Excess on Postpay Mobile
Learn how to take control of your usage and avoid excess charges
- Usage is normally updated every 15mins.
- Bundle purchases normally take around 10s to be reflected in the Mobile app.
- Your usage for the month is automatically reprocessed when you buy an addon. This can take around 5 mins
IN THIS ARTICLE
Monitoring your usage
We recommend using a data usage app together with the MyVodafone App to monitor usage.
Using data bundles / addons
Data bundles are available for purchase via the MyVodafone app or via USSD Menu *888# Menu, Option 3, buy bundles.
- It normally takes around 10s for your data bundle purchase to be reflected in the MyVodafone app or USSD menu
- All data bundles are applied from the 1st of the month. On purchasing a data bundle, your usage for the month will be automatically reprocessed to clear any excess. This can take around 5mins.
- Data bundles apply to the month of purchase only. Unused data is not carried over to the following month
Note: SMS alerts for data usage are a courtesy reminder. You should not rely solely on these alerts to manage data usage.
- Alerts are sent every hour
- Alerts are sent once your data usage goes over 50%, 80% of your cap, or if you are in excess
Reasons you may miss receiving an alert
- You use a high amount of mobile data in a 30minute period
Not receiving alerts?
- Check your blocked settings
- Email us at email@example.com